Thursday, May 31, 2007

Drunk by Z

When Gary first suggested "American Bubble", I had a couple of images in my head. I imagined the American mainland surrounded by a huge plastic biodome type bubble. Then I realized Hawaii and Alaska would be left out of the party and I'm pretty sure they're in the American bubble too (metaphorically at least.... even though Alaska has Mike Gravel). Then I imagined a more abstract bubble rising from the surface of a pond and everything American and apple pie in it. Then I decided to stop using my imagination and use the Internet.

I used Google Image Search with the search term American bubble and the two pictures that appealed most to my drunken state were these two (I got bored after two):

Some sort of bubble nebula picture from the Hubble Space Telescope. There were lots of bubble nebulae. This was the most attractive picture. Are these pictures colorized or does outer space look that cool with the naked eye? Does anyone know?*

I didn't really feel like reading what this was about, but I can almost guarantee it's from Burning Man. This fits both literally and figuratively... at least, that's what I figger. After all, isn't an event like Burning Man unique to America?*


And last but not least, I leave you with... the Shasta Bassist Bubble Boating House Bert...

**


~~~~Z

By the way, this entire time, I've been listening to the prototype that Gary and Bert made for "Did The Sunrise Get You?"


*Both are legitimate (non-facetious) questions.
**These slightly modified lines from "S.F." were written about Bert.

No comments: